About the Local History Room
The Local History Room is located slightly to the right after entering through the front doors of the library. The room contains the local history of Richwood as well as books on surrounding counties, federal records, genealogy and a microfilm machine. The objective of the room is to provide patrons with local history resources and to preserve the history of Richwood. All Local History Room materials do not circulate and must stay in the room.
The Local History Room has numerous items on display such as class photos from the local high school, various military medals and busts, a diorama of one of the oldest living blacksmiths in Richwood named Nathan W. Spratt (1851-1942), and a Royal 440 typewriter. The room also houses collections from various organizations that existed in Richwood’s past including the Carpe Diem Club, Claibourne Rebekah Lodge 267, and meeting minutes and accession records of the Richwood Public Library since its official establishment in 1915.
You can view all the books we have available in our Local History Room by going to our catalog.
Operating Hours: The Local History Room is open when the library is open.