The RNUPL offers our patrons the ability to receive scanned research materials from our Local History Room. To find out what we currently have in our history room, please visit our online catalog. You must have a working email address in order to request scanned materials.
What Can Be Requested?
RNUPL has made general collections located onsite at its Local History Room available for Scan & Send. Eligible general collection items held at our library may be requested by emailing our History Room Library Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org. When the document has been scanned and is available for download, users will receive an email message with a PDF of the scanned file which can be viewed and downloaded. Requests will be filled as quickly as possible; please be aware it may take up to two weeks.
- Requests are for personal research use only. Please limit requests to a small portion of the work (one chapter, one article, around 10% of work or 50 pages for public domain works). Please note that requests for multiple chapters in the same work cannot be filled.
- If you need access to more of the title than we can scan, please visit the Local History Room where the title is located to view the item in person.
- We can provide lookup assistance if you need to have a specific citation or pages scanned.
- Scan requests for entire works will be rejected, regardless of copyright status or length.
- Requests will be filled as quickly as possible; please be aware it may take up to two weeks.
- Only items in good condition will be scanned.
- Files will be in the form of a PDF file and you may need third-party software, such as Adobe Acrobat, to view.
- Each user is currently limited to a maximum of five Scan & Send requests per week (the Library’s ability to fill the requests is limited by demand).
Digital delivery of selected material from the Library’s manuscript, archives, prints, and photographs collections is also available. To initiate a Scan & Send request, please contact the History Room Library Assistant by email at email@example.com. Note: Some of our special collections can already be viewed online by going to our Digital Collections page under Ohio Memory.
- Requests are for personal research use only. A maximum of 25 pages may be requested.
- Delivery may take two to four weeks.
- Digital delivery is not available for audio and moving image materials at this time.
- No rush services are available at this time.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the total number of requests by an individual user.